World Class Facilities
The Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus, Deakin University has world-class sport facilities to help athletes advance their skills. Completing the facility in 2017, Lee Brothers manufactured and installed many metres of world class fencing and gates!
The fence type chosen was the durable and economical chain-wire material (also know as Chain Link ) for commercial, industrial and sporting applications. Our chain wire fences and gates are galvanised to ensure they are durable against rust and on this job the fences were PVC coated to add a further protective layer and increase visual appeal.
The fencing installed included:
- A huge 7 metre high chain-wire baseball backstop fence which included a 1 metre cranked top to ensure baseballs remained in the park!
- Over 500 metres of a 900mm high boundary fence around the MCG-size AFL oval – with matching double and single gates
- A 3600 mm high baseball practice cage
- Over 150 metres of 2400mm high chain-wire fencing with matching double gates
The facilities at the Elite Sports Precinct include:
- an MCG-size AFL oval with perimeter fencing, behind-the-goal netting, sports lighting, video recording facilities and team benches and shelters
- a synthetic FIFA-grade soccer ground
- an eight-lane, IAAF-accredited 400-metre athletics track
- an outdoor teaching hub with direct access to the athletics track
- a 50-metre long-jump track and sandpits
- basketball and netball courts
- a new high-quality baseball diamond
- facilities that have been planned to be accessible, with pathways linking the sports areas and seamless synthetic playing surfaces.
There is everything an athlete needs to enhance their skills, all in the one space at Deakin’s Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus.