Recently the South Melbourne Market celebrated its 150th Anniversary. The market was established in 1867 on Crown Grant to the then Borough of Emerald Hill for use as a general market and that makes it the oldest continuing Market in Melbourne. As part of the lead up to the celebrations the market underwent some refurbishments and upgrades.
Lee Brothers Fencing manufactured and installed some impressive looking chainwire fencing to the first floor car park. The original car park was installed above the market back in 1972. The new chainwire fencing and gates has definitely brought the facade of the market and car park into the twenty first century.
The chain link fencing was designed to fit into the current roof line of the market’s first floor car park. It not only had to look great but had to provide a safe place for market goers to park their cars whilst shopping at the market.
These chainlink fencing were galvanised to ensure they are durable against rust and coated in black PVC to add a further protective layer and increase its visual appeal. Chain Link is the most durable and affordable material for commercial and industrial applications. It provides protection, encloses large areas and is ideal for protecting hazardous areas.
- Client: Connell Design & Construction Pty Ltd
- Manufacture and Install – Black PVC coated Chain Wire Fencing and Gates
- Completion: 2017