Lee Brothers and Victorian Temporary Fencing will comply with all environmental standards of the sites on which they work. If environmental standards are not specified on a site, Lee Brothers will ensure work is completed in accordance with the Lee Brothers Environmental Policy
Statement of Company Environmental Standards
- Lee Brothers will ensure that all waste steel including off cuts, demolition material, or unsaleable surplus stock is recycled using the appropriate recycle facility.
- If recycling faculty/bins are not present on a site, then all recyclable material including steel and timber will be retrieved by Lee Brothers to be recycled.
- Steel returned to Lee Brothers for recycling will be placed in the dedicated Steel Recycle Bins at Lee Brothers
- Unwanted timber will be reused, recycled, or mulched.
- Lee Brothers has a dedicated Timber Recycle Bin, and its own high speed mulching facility
- All off cuts from Lee Brothers Production Facility are put into the on-site Timber and Steel recycling bins
- Any material that cannot be recycled either at the customer premises, or by using the Lee Brothers recycling facilities, is sent to the Visy Waste Recycling Depot in Heidelberg, for general recycling
- Preference is given to using timber from renewable new growth forests, and in the case of treated pine, the use of alternative treatment products to CCA, where practical.
- Lee Brothers Fencing has been audited by the EPA, and maintains compliance with all regulations regarding water and chemical discharge on site.
- VTF has a water harvesting and recycling system for the cleaning of Reusable timber hoarding.
- VTF industrial panels which are unserviceable due to age, or damage, are recycled using the VTF steel recycling bin
- Lee Brothers will seek to minimise noise from machinery, and ensure that machinery is operated within the levels prescribed by Regulation
- All staff are required to complete environmental and management awareness as part of their initial induction.
- All subcontractors are required to comply with LBF minimum Environmental Standards